School Bus Division
The Division's functions
- Assists with reviews of Government policy;
- Undertakes the role of sector representative and advocate;
- Assists in the implementation of policy, changes to government policy, contractual issues;
- Acts as an Industry reference point;
- Key industry stakeholder;
- Strengthens commonality in the industry.
The School Bus Division is part of the committee consisting of a Chairman, a Manager and a number of area representatives, who represent the following areas.
- Kimberley, Pilbara, Gascoyne & Midwest
- South West
- Goldfields/Esperance, Great Southern
Orange School Bus
The Orange School Bus network has been operating in Western Australia on a dedicated contract basis since 1918. The network, which carries some 26,500 students over 169,000 kilometres per day, is underpinned by an excellent safety record, stability and reliability. It is highly valued by the many communities throughout WA that it services.
There are around 964 contracts in WA generally operated by small family businesses. Around 750 school bus contracts provide services for children attending Mainstream Schools and the remainder for children attending Education Support Facilities.